Saturday 1 January 2011

alabama arkansas

I don't really have much, well anything, to say, but I couldn't let the 1/1/11 go by without making a post that day.
In the absence of any words/story/other let me introduce ye to this song. I can't get enough of it, and its a good way to start the first post of a new year I think. I've been playing it constantly the last few days, especially yesterday, I even had it in my head pretty much the entire time I was out last night, and when I woke up today.
Its called "Home" and its by a band called "Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros" who I discovered whilst mooching around on Spotify a coupla months ago.

The other day I heard it on the TV, film4 are using it as a background song for their advert. I was like, ohh I know this song! Made me feel really happy and cool.
When it comes to music, I am pretty un-cool. I don't know loads of songs or loads of bands, and even the ones I do know and love, I probably don't know as much of their stuff as I should or could. So it always feels like a nice little personal achievement when I get some sort of music trivia hit.

So there you have it anyway, hope you enjoy it as much as I do, its a wonderful little song, with wonderful lyrics which I recommend you look up, if you like the song.
I won't keep on posting loads of YouTube clips on my blog, it sort of annoys me when people do it all the time. But I realllly really wanted to share it, cause I just love it so much.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree with you, this is quite a catchy little song. I loved it the first moment I heard it, I searched to find it and when I did I immediately down loaded it. Sadly enough after doing some research on the band, they have since broken up. :(...but we do have this song to enjoy, they do have another one, but I don't have the name of it off the top of my head at the moment, it's good, but not as good.

Cheers. :)

Mr. Condescending said...

i like this haha didn't think I would.

thanks.

Bianca said...

ohh Anon, have they really broke up? What a shame. I've been so hooked on "home" that I haven't got around to listening to their other stuff yet, but no doubt I will.

Glad to be of service Mr C, glad ye like it. I was just looking at your abandoned buildings series,totally fascinating, I love them too.

Mr. Condescending said...

:)