Sunday 2 January 2011

Broken screen blues

Broke my phone screen yesterday.

Dropped the laptop on it. Only from the height of a few inches, and not properly dropped like "slipped out of my hands", just like "putting down on the floor".


Ever had those dreams where your teeth are falling out, but then you wake up, run your tongue around your mouth and are filled with relief?
It was like that, except minus the relief. I keep thinking I'm going to look at my phone and it'll be back to normal.

It still works perfectly, but I'm so gutted that I've done this. I had it about 3 and a half years, and in that time I've dropped it from high heights, onto hard surfaces, and down the stairs on one occasion, and its always been totally fine, its a little bruiser, I was starting to think it was invincible.
Its old, but I still love it so much. I don't know what I'm going to do really. I'm planning on taking it to a couple of those shady looking mobile phone accessory shops that are around near where I live, if any of them can fix it cheaply I'll probably just get it fixed. On the other hand, if it costs quite a lot then I'll just stick with my cracked screen until I can save up for a fresh phone.

Maybe this was just the worlds way of telling me I need a new phone. I always knew I would need one eventually, that the day would come when I would get one, I just didn't think it would be like this.


Here's my artists impression of how it looks -

No comments: