Monday 29 November 2010

Snowstuff



















These were all taken between 7.45 and 8.45 (or thereabouts) this morning. I can no longer resist taking loads of photos even though they all probably look the same anyway. I hate getting up on mornings, and I had to get up at 7.30 today but the walk to work was so beautiful and waking up to the snow that had fallen in the night, was so worth it. The power lines outside my widow were thick, I mean I didn't even think snow could settle on something so thin.
I went to sleep at around 11.30 last night, read a book (reading the wind in the willows at the moment) for a bit and then hit the sack cause I had to be up early, and I was already pretty tired. Early by my standards but bed is a lot easier to get into now that I've put the electric under blanket back in. It hadn't been snowing much all evening/night. I had a weird nights sleep anyway, for some reason in the last couple of years even if I'm pretty tired, it always takes me a lot longer to drop off than it used to. I'd been dozing for about half an hour, it was about half 12 at this point, and I decided to roll over, and have a cheeky look out of the window.
It was snowing like hell. Pretty fast falling really big flakes, I knowww I keep saying this but it just looked SO beautiful. I laid in bed just watching it, it stopped after 10 minutes, but it was a very serene 10 minutes, everything was silent, and even though it wasn't late I felt like I had awoken in the dead of night and was witnessing something that I wasn't supposed to be, something secret. In a good way of course. Like waking up to find the tooth fairy taking a molar from under your pillow, or like sneaking down in the night and seeing Santa putting out yr presents and him not noticing you and then finishing up and leaving without ever seeing you. If that makes any sense, that's what it was like.
I had expected it to snow in the night but not till long after I was asleep, and while I had been reading I kept stopping and looking to see if it was snowing but it never was each time I checked. I guess it snowed a hell of a lot more throughout the night when I had finally got to sleep. When my mam woke me up this morning she said it'd been thundering but she'd only heard one rumble. Tonight I heard a loud rumble as well, kind of cool but I can't get my head around snow and thunder at the same time.

So anyway, the trees were so covered in snow this morning, whiter than I've seen them all week, the snow on the pavements was really really deep as well. Its getting on my nerves a bit that people are moaning about it already, even though this weather has been here less than a week, the proper proper setting snow has only been here a few days.
Its Christmas for gods sake, it only snows for a tiny portion of the year. Just enjoy it please.
Anything that makes Stockton-on-Tees look pretty can't possibly be a bad thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These foto's are beautiful!

Bianca said...

:)

How're you enjoying the snow?

Anonymous said...

Enjoying very much and from what I can see so are you. :)

Bianca said...

Im well still enjoying it, it hasn't snowed for about 3 days now though but im sure it will soooon.