Friday 5 November 2010

Parties and old tv programes

Ten past two, Friday afternoon. I've just painted my nails metallic blue, you may or may not be interested to learn. I wanted something glitzy and glamorous cause its bonfire night tonight and my auntie is having a sort of bonfire party. I'll probably be the youngest there, probably by about two decades now I think about it, but actually I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to stuff my face with party food, and then I'm going to get drunk on the provided wine, or maybe I'll do that in the reverse order, or maybe I'll just eat and drink at the same time. I'm going to get dressed up, because it is a party after all and I haven't dressed up for anything in ages and I'm sort of having an urge to wear ginormous heels, and put on makeup. My auntie lives real close to the town, and thanks to her street being where it is, we get a pretty good view of the fireworks without having to go into town and be packed in like sardines. Hopefully, we'll also be far enough away that we can't hear the Bollywood music which is the theme for this years display. I hate Bollywood. If our luck is really in, we'll also be out of hearing range of last years X-factor winner Joe McElderry performing his new song "Ambitions" (I doubt it was his ambition to come to Stockton On Tees). Speaking of X-factor, I will freely admit that I have been watching it this year, and if Wagner Carrilho was in town instead of the pretty crap joe, I would definately brave the crowds and go see him, because he is ACE.
Cagney and Lacey is on at the moment, so I'm watching that in the background. It's so good!! I don't know why I like it so much, or how I even got into it. I hate all those other crap detective and murder mystery programmes, this one is great though. Actually I probably love it because I love new york, and I especially love old footage of New York in the 70's and 80's. If anyone's seen the film "Coming to America" (mint film by the way), you'll know what I mean, that bit where they first move to Queens? Yeah, amazing.
Also Cag and Lace has a miiint theme tune. Its just a whole bundle of cool things. You should maybe watch it sometime. And definitely watch Coming to America

No comments: