Friday 15 April 2011

Back again

I don't want to end of a ragey note, so now I'm going to blag you a bit more but this time with the little bits of today where I haven't felt crappy.

Watched Scooby doo at 4pm, lame I know, it was my favourite cartoon as a kid though, and I always love watching them.

A bit later on my mam and auntie and me went doon my grandads house to walk the dog and do some gardening, quite a lot of gardening going on in my life at the moment isn't there!

Last year (or was it the year before that?) from nowhere strawberries started growing in the little bit of garden in my grandads yard. Mostly the slugs got to them before we even discovered them, but we salvaged a few that were untouched. This year though, theres absolutely loads more growing, they've spread quite far out from where they first sprouted from. I'm really happy about this, and am going to try my hardest to stop the garden pests getting them.

Anyway tonight I was weeding out all the weeds, it was really therapeutic, getting them all out, leaving only the strawberry plants and some flowers. I felt a good sense of achievement afterwards, because the weeds were so bad before I tackled them. This is because the bastards next door have that horrible creeping ivy stuff, which has come through to our side. Its an absolute nightmare to get out because its so tough, they're like those jungle vines and I don't doubt for a second that if they were hanging from trees, I could easily swing on them. They were a pain, but I've annihilated most of them.

It was a nice little gardening session, a black cat crossed my path (well, the back wall), we had biscuits, and when I got annoyed at my hair getting in the way, and I had no bobble to tie it up with, I managed in my infinite genius, to locate the old peg bag, and successfully pegged my hair up. It was such a success, and so comfortable, that I am still wearing the pegs in my hair right now, 6 hours later. [pictures here at a later date]


On a final and unrelated note, on Saturday I laid my tartan blanket in my yard and spent a while listening to music whilst wearing a summer dress and carefully picking alllll the seeds from the head of my dead sunflower. I was pretty happy to discover that there was even any in it, glad I was too lazy to cut it down all this time, cause I was going to just going to go out and (get my mam to) buy me some, but I actually had a lot to harvest from last years sunny.

Earlier in the week, in my haste to remove a tasty tasty pizza from the oven, I gave myself a nasty but small burn on the arm. I just kept it under a plaster and all was well. The other day I took it off, and lo and behold, thanks to sitting in the yard that sunny day, I had a little tan mark where the plaster had been. Its faint, but noticeable. I was wearing sun cream as well that day. Only factor 8, and only for about half the time I'd been out because I forgot at first. I didn't think it was even hot enough for sun cream but I thought best to be safe.

Anyway, shutting up now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear agony Bianca,
It didn't go very well :-(

Bianca said...

Oh hey I was wondering what became of you! I'm so sorry it didn't go well, what happened? Hope yr ok.