Thursday 23 December 2010

Messy bedroom, mooching, stuffy

Feels like it's been a while and I probably should write somethin. I have a blocked nose, I don't think I have a full blown cold, just my nose is horribly stingy and stuffy and runny, you know how it is. I lost count of how many times I've sneezed today. But it could be worse, at least I don't have a sore throat, and I'm pretty optimistic that I'll be pretty much back to normal by christmas day, which I really really hope because I really want to savour christmas dinner. And the mulled wine I'm planning to make afterwards. My second attempt, me and Laura tried to make some the other week, but I accidentally put in double the amount of sugar because we only used one bottle of wine and I forgot to half the ingredients. Speaking of crimbo dinner, I bought some salt and pepper pots for half price from work today, they're in the shapes of little christmas puddings and they're so cute. They will be documented. Watch this space!


So I'm feeling pretty chipper today anyway, I wrapped most of my presents tonight and had a good time doing it. It took longer than I expected and didn't really look as good as I had hoped, but I think thats because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out, and maybe I'll like them more in the morning at second glance. Gotta make a few little christmas cards, and sneakily wrap my mams present and I'm done for wrapping. Completed my mams present buying today so feeling pretty chuffed about that, THOUGHT i had finished Laura's but I just remembered one more thing, but hey, close enough. I genuinely do love wrapping though, so its all good.

I'm pretty buzzing with my present choices this year, its proved to be not as hard as I thought, I've got my mam slippers that I know she needs, a book that I know she'll like and finally a large shoe box filled with loads of bars of chocolate that I know she'll love, I could do with adding a few mars bars but I don't think there's any room left. She's fussy with food, so I couldn't get her a nice boring box of Thorntons because she doesn't like Thorntons chocolate. Anyway, the shoe box idea is a good one, if I may say so myself, cause obviously I know what she likes and which ones she doesn't. It currently looks something like so -


I will wrap and ribbon it tomorrow.

I'm listening to a christmas playlist on Spotify, just discovered that there is a Jimmy Eat World cover of "Last Christmas", I am enjoying it a lot.

Finished work for good today, I didn't hate it, but I'm glad to leave. I have to go in tomorrow to pick up my wages and my wellies. I was in such haste to leave today that i forgot to put them on, which resulted in me traipsing around town with wet and cold feet, ballet pumps really aren't good for winter. Ohh well.

Going to boro tomorrow with my mam, not sure why come to think of it, it was her suggestion. The metro centre thing never got rescheduled which I'm not so bummed about any more. Lemme give you this analogy, its sort of like when you're really hungry, but you don't get to eat for aaages, and then when you do get around, the hunger has passed and you're not really hungry any more. Its like that. I don't care any more, maybe I'll go in the new year.
THATS the plan anyway, or it was till it started snowing a fair bit a coupla hours ago. Not that I'm complaining cause I really do love it, but I don't think the buses will be too reliable tomorra, especially early like we were planning on going. But nevermind. Snow messes things up and theres nothing anyone can do about it. I was locked out of work this morning cause nobody had got there to let me in. I made the mistake of going to cafe nero for a take out cappuchino but not picking up any sugar. It was rank without it, like drinking hot strong chemicals. But lesson learnt.

Its almost technically christmas eve. After I've finished doing this I'm going to pain my nails like candycanes.

After the shopping I'll be retiring to my bedroom, possibly for a nap, but more probably to sneakily wrap my mams prezzies and to finally tidy my room. Its an absoloute tip, as you will soon see. There is hardly any floor space to walk on, this is a record for me, I never usually let it get this bad, but I'm definately definately tidying tomorrow.
Ahem.













In other news, had a couple of drunken but fun nights at the weekend. One was impromptu but resulted in me having suuuuuuch a fun night, the next one was a wierd but cool and planned situation of getting back in touch with someone I hadn't spoken to for a long time. I guess thats a long and deep blog for another day, but suffice to say we drank wine at the tommy sheraton, stumbled about in the newly arrived snow afterwards, and ended the night with a kebab. You can't fall off with that really. Also I had work both the next days after that, and I felt mint and hangover free for both of them.


These are from night 2-






More on that laterrr.



Sunset on the way home looked as beautiful as ever. Apart from the massive smudge on my lens that I didn't find out about till just now.
D'oh




So there you have it. Bish Bash Bosh!

No comments: