Wednesday 8 December 2010

I can't sleep

So I'm writing a blog and listening to Edith Piaf. (I've had hymne a l'amour stuck in my head all day)
I worked 2 till 7 today, it was supposed to be till 6 but they asked me to do an extra hour which was alreet. It felt weird when I'd got home though, I didn't get in till about half 7 and after that the night seemed to just go so fast. Anyway, what am I getting at? I don't think I actually know.
So tonight I thought I'd have an early one, I put on the electric blanket, put up some fairy lights so I could get into bed and read whats left of The wind in the willows. So I read for a while, then decided to go to sleep because I'm getting up early tomorrow to go to Darlington with Laura. Spent about 20 minutes tossing and turning before admitting that I'm not gonna sleep any time soon. I'm not even a little bit tired, and now I'm angry cause I just want to sleep, but what can you do, you can't force it I don't suppose. Ohh well.

Put up the Christmas decorations and stuff on Sunday, it's not quite finished, actually it looks pretty bare, to what I'd like it to be anyway. We now have not one but two Christmas trees, owing to my mam's very strange habit of giving away our Christmas trees and then accepting them from other people. I don't know. So the one we had last year is now relegated to the corner of the room while the one we gave away last year and have now received back again is taking pride of place in the bay window. Its wide, very wide. And we have no lights for it because they're on tree number 2. Also we have no tinsel that actually "goes", we only have two small scraps. So the tree only has baubles and silvery chain-strings at the moment. I'm planning on buying loads of cheapy foil decorations for the rest of the room. So yeah, the decorations are halfway there.

The other day I made bakewell tarts, well it was more like a bakewell tray bake. They turned out alright but not as almondy as I would have liked, though I did follow the recipe correctly. Bakewells were also a very good chance to get my mam to buy me glace cherries which are undoubtedly delicious but don't actually taste anything like cherries. I wonder why they don't do glace other fruits? Anyways, I had some pastry left over so I knocked up some jam tarts. I'm a regular Delia Smith.

I had a dream the other night and Rolf Harris was in it. I hadn't been thinking about him, so I've no idea where he cropped up from. At first he was just sort of signing autographs for a few people, including me, but there weren't many others around and it all felt pretty casual. Then I said to him "How are you at giving advice?" I then went on to ask him advice because there was a girl in my dream who I had just seen kissing a boy in my dream who I had a crush on. Very strange indeed, I don't know what his advice was because I guess I drifted into another dream after that, which is really a shame.

On a less undecipherable note, I'm going to the metro centre with my mam on Monday and I'm buzzing. It sort of came out of the blue, my mam for some insane reason doesn't really like the place, and when yet another advert for it came on T.V a few days ago and she mentioned going, I didn't really think she was serious, but to my joy she was. I love the metro centre even more at Christmas than I do anyway. We're getting the train which should be A-Ok. We went last year, after much pestering from me, but we got the bus, a few buses. Four in total. Two of the buses were alright, but the first bus nightmare began on getting from Gateshead bus station to the Metro centre, when the bus was properly packed and there was a really really overweight and very smelly woman very close to us. It was only a 10 minute journey thankfully, but it felt like much longer. On departing the bus her first stop was Greggs. I kid you not.
The second bus nightmare was on the very packed hour long journey from Gateshead to Stockton, we had to wait aaages (and it was darn cold) for it because we'd just missed it. Then we we got on it was totally packed and we couldn't get seats near each other, but we did get seats next to a horrible woman and her annoying kids, she was horrible because even though the bus was packed she'd taken two seats up with her shopping bags and made no attempt to move them until someone asked her. And her kid was really playing up, not kicking off but just being a bored kid on a bus, she kept drawing on the steam in the windows but there was this old man in front of her and she kept leaning over into his window and getting on his nerves, he kept asking her not to, and the mother just kept doing fuck all about it.

So yes, trains all the way this year please. I'm very much hoping I wont get drafted in to work on Monday, I will be so crestfallen if I have to work after all. But I won't think about that for now.

The 1am munchies are starting to kick in, I'm not going to indulge though cause I've already brushed my teeth and its too cold to venture off the bed.

I watched a bit of this film that was on last night called "The Honeymooners", the remake version, I missed the start because I didn't really know it was on, but the section I watched of it was really good, probably because it was set in New York. I decided not to stay up and watch it though cause it was getting late and I had work today, so I was sensible and turned it off. I'll keep an eye out for it again.

Its pretty close to crimbo and I've yet to see any TV channels showing trailers for Muppet Christmas carol or any of the home alones. But a girl can hope. There is time yet. Really gotta lose my "its a wonderful life" virginity this year too.

Righty-o, I think that's about enough rambling on for now. I still feel fresh as a daisy, how annoying.
Right.

End.

No comments: