Saturday 9 July 2011

What a cracker

Fun thunderstorm times have been abound in Stockton the last few days. Its been a shoddy week here for July weather, shoddy and strange, usually when the day is grey it stays grey, likewise for mild, and sunny and all the rest. The past 3 days or so have been a strange concoction of rain and sun, alternating by the hour.

On one of my days off this week me and my friend took her little girl to the park. Kids are so brilliant aren't they? The way they interact with each other, the wonder with which they view everything, I'd love to see the world through a child's eyes for an hour. If only we were all as fearless as they! Anyway, starting to get all sentimental here.

The point is we fed the ducks, I had just as much fun on the play park as she did, and we all got quite wet but took refuge in the bandstand (which would have been even better if there had been a brass band in there too). We made it just in time, the rain proper bounced down for a while, then when it stopped we made a break for home.

Then at around 10 that night we had a little storm, got a pretty good view from my window. I properly love thunderstorms. There were some pretty exciting flashes of forked lightening, but the storm never got huge, and passed over as storms are wont to do.

Today though, there was a bigger one while I was at work, re-filling cards and wearing a stupid goddamn hat that wouldn't stay on my head. The rain was heavier, then it got even heavier, the sky got darker, the thunder lasted longer, and then just when I thought it couldn't possibly rain any harder, it rained even harder. I was delighted of course, but the location of the shop meant I couldn't get a good view of the sky so missed the lightening (I was supposed to be working anyway so didn't get to stand and watch) Anyway, the rain stayed pretty hard, but the storm was passing over, I could tell it was on its way out, when it decided to go out with a bang. There was a massive thunderbolt, even though the others had been big, but this one was of proper biblical proportions, Zeus was PISSED. I actually ducked when I heard it, you could feel everything shuddering and shaking. I genuinely thought something very close by had been struck. It was so good!!

In stormy conclusion, I'm really hoping for more massive ones in the next few days, because I love storms only 1% less than I love kissing.

Moving on, its around 3 weeks till payday, I'v tried not to spend much on myself from last months wages and its gone alright really, but I couldnt resist buying these little earrings, they were in the sale and only £2.



Aren't they sweet? (Aren't they tweet? ho ho ho!)

And finally

Two things before I make like a banana and split

Item A - I'm watching "dark waters" and have concluded that I would love to live on Roosevelt Island (as well as Eel pie island, but thats a post for another day)

Item B - My auntie gave me a big bag of rainbow drops the other day, I broke into them tonight and nearly ate the whole lot. Forgot how tasty good they are.

Concluded.

No comments: