Saturday 5 March 2011

Blog o'clock

Also known as 3 minutes past 11 at night, after I've brushed my teeth, washed my face and located the ball that fell off my industrial bar two days ago that I only just realised was missing a couple of hours ago.

Now all of that is under control, let the blogging commence. I went to write this and my dashboard told me I have (before this post) 182 posts. I also went to the post office today and my ticket number was 182. Its following me around.
Anyway, lets think of something interesting to post about before I get bashed again for having a boring blog.

I'm rather excited for Pancake day (so excited it gets a capital P) on Tuesday. Our philosophy at Biancapol is this, Pancake day is interesting and if you don't agree you can fuck off.
I have mine with lemon juice and golden syrup, in fact on P-day I will refuse to have anything else. I don't understand people who have sugar and lemon juice, when syrup is 100 million times better. See the light people!

Had a bit of a film and snacks fest tonight, watched the Shining with my mam. Having a bit of a Shining thing going on recently, I can't remember what I've wrote about it on here or not, but I bought they book from a charity shop a few weeks ago and I'm planning on reading it for the first time. So watched the film tonight, armed with party sausage rolls, a full size toblerone (only ate 2 triangles though) a bag of microwave cinema sweet flavour popcorn, half a large bag of crisps and some millionaires shortbread, which is definitely in my top 10 favourite foods. Its safe to say I won't be sneaking downstairs for a midnight snack tonight.

So, in more genuinely interesting news, I have finally started to learn to play my mandolin. My lovely friend very kindly gave me a little lesson, I've been practising a while each day for the last 3 days, I can now play C D and G chords pretty well, maybe a little D minor and I can also manage a shaky, slow G major scale. I am really enjoying it a lot, I love my little mandolin and I'm really looking forward to getting better.

I had to cut my nails on my left hand, this didn't bother me in the slightest, but I didn't realise how incredibly short and stubbly my fingers are without a little nail haha. Absolutely worth it though, I don't really give a shit about them anyway, the nails that is. Short ones have had a few advantages already, such as making it 10 times easier to get lip balm and by benfit erase paste of of the pot, and applying. Also came it really useful the other morning when I had an eyelash stuck in my eye. Just a little while poking about et voila.

Wonders of the universe is on tomorrow, with the lovely lovely prof Brian Cox, looking forward to that. *rubs knees*

So there we have it, one blog, almost complete.

Here's a picture of me and Laura at the Thomas Sheraton curry club a couple of weeks ago (hence me munching on a poppadom) and one of a window display of a florist I seen last Sunday that was all sunflowers and brightened up an otherwise grey gloomy day!






2 comments:

Niek Nanninga said...

well waddaya know, I came to see about your mandolin ambitions and there we go, an update! don't know if you're into the Manic Street Preachers, but on there latest album there's a mandolin induced song, it's called I Think I Found It.
Good luck and rock out!

Bianca said...

Haha good timing. I checked out that manics song, (cheers for the heads up by the way) its quite good, the mando sounds really pretty.
Thank you.

:)