Monday 21 February 2011

Ode to Bassetts Cherry Drops

Dear dear cherry drops, I truly love you lots and lots
You make my mouth salivate, your amazing flavour I cannot hate
From this day, till I'm old and grey, I will treasure you more than words can say

On the bus, in the park, watching meteors when its dark,
You will never be far from me, because I will always be stocked up you see

For you my mouth will always desire, you set my taste buds on fire
If this life I should expire, I'll take you with me up on higher

My lust for you will never diminish, even when the pack is finished
I'll love you to the moon and back, and then I'll buy another pack
My love for Nadal comes in second place, you will always win the race
With you I want to stuff my face


Fin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An ode to Bianca, and also to hats (but mostly Bianca, even though I do quite like hats):

I really quite like hats don't you know,
Like berets, bowlers, boaters and busbies.
But none of them do quite the same thing to me
As you do to the butterflies in my tummy.

As certain as the stars will shine from the skies,
Forever I'm lost in those wondrous eyes.
And as all amour in my heart is eclipsed,
Even by sight of such lustrous lips.

But imagine for a moment, and let me be bold,
that Bianca is to be found somewhere out in the cold.
Upon her head rests a hat for all to see-
Is it panama, pork pie, top hat or trilby?

It matters not, and what do I care?
So selfish a headgear to be hiding her hair!

Still how could I mind? What a marvel to look at;
For even in a silly hat,
You float my boat
And that is that.

Bianca said...

Lustrous lips? Haha I like it. Thank you.