Saturday 23 October 2010

Sky, funfair, kaleidoscope, and other things

I'll kick this off with something cool and amusing (to me anyway) that I found and or did today.
I have one of those crystal heart things, won from a 2p machine. I always put it up to my eye and look at stuff and experience how a fly must see. Today it occurred to me that I could just shove it in front of my camera lens and probably do the same thing. Kept me amused for a while. Here are the results.









Anyway other than that, I can't say I have much else to report. Went to Yarm fair last week with mon mam and auntie. Its a weird little tradition we've somehow adopted. We go every year, walk up and down a couple of times, laugh at people on rides, and then go home again without even going on anything. I don't mind though, not going on anything. Its nice to walk around and stuff. Not as nice as it used to be though, I remember once a few years ago when they were allowed to have little bonfires, the travellers with their old fashioned caravans and there would be the odd horse there too. I don't think they are allowed either now. But I'm not sure, maybe they are but just don't any more. Either way its a shame, cause that really distinct smell of their little bonfires and the smoke in the air, really was the essence of the fair to me. And it seems lacking something big without it. Also whenever we've been, I always really really want to go to one of the fortune tellers, on the whole I guess I don't really believe them, they're most probably just out to rip you off, but I'm still really interested in what they'd say to me, if it would make sense, if it came true one day! I still would love to though, and I still don't know why I never do see one when it comes down to it. Maybe next year. Anyway these aren't very good but here's a couple of pictures.




So that just about covers it for pictures. I was going to take one of my street, it was so full of leaves, but the other day I said to my mam as we were going in the house "there doesn't look as many leaves today" and she said "yeah two workmen came and cleared them all up". I was pretty gutted, the street looked so lovely, just so many leaves. The tree to leaves ratio seemed a lot off, in the way that there seemed to be more leaves than was possible considering there isn't that many trees. It was probably right really, I guess leaves isn't something I think about a whole lot. Also it seemed like a pointless thing to do, not just cause its pretty much an impossible task trying to clear them all away, but its unnecessary as well, I mean nature sorts its self out, on the whole. I'll take a picture when the street is re-filled.

Well I'm running out of things to say in this post, so I'll leaf it here (geddit?!)








No comments: