Saturday 26 September 2009

It probably doesn't even come from a pig

You know when you have a lot of things milling around in your head? That's me right now, I have a lot of things to scribble down but for some reason I don't know how to start. Maybe its cause our Internet got cut off yet again, because we didn't pay the bill, well we did, just not in time.
Anyway, I just had an ace midnight snack, it was two cold fish fingers (left over from my dinner today) with a line of red sauce down the middle, some pringles and some strawberry milkshake. Oh, also while I was preparing the snack I ate a slice of ham out of the fridge. I don't know what it is about that ham, its not even amazing uber ham, its just asda fucking smart price, its probably wholly unhealthy processed crap, it probably doesn't even come from a pig. But I can never resist picking up a slice and stuffing it into my mouth whenever I happen to be mooching in the fridge, which is quite often to be honest.
I thought it was a nice coincidence that it happened to be just a few minutes past midnight as well, when I started tucking in. Mainly I went down to refill the water bottle cause my feet were cold, but also just cause I knew the fish fingers were there. I wasn't even that hungry, but I had to eat them just because I knew. Anyway, the best bit was the pringles, they are amazing, they're the ones you get in a purple pack, In fact, this would be a good time to slot in a picture.

Ah yes, there we go. They are Italian cheese and garlic flavour, I don't know why nobody has thought of inventing garlic flavour crisps before, they are just delicious. Nobody will want to kiss you for a while afterwards, but personally I find it worth the risk, I can barely remember the last time anyone kissed me anyway, so yeah, Pringles, definately worth it.

I first discovered them last saturday at my aunties tea party she had for her neighbours birthday and to celebrate her own passing of some course or other. Anyway, I almost ate an entire bowl of these to myself. If you're lucky enough to have a Home Bargains near you, you can get them in there for 69p. I think its just pot luck with that store though, it reminds me of a carboot sale, I think every branch just has a whole host of different stock every week, regardless of the other branches.


Here is a picture of my (now sadly devoured) midnight snack.


Appetizing no? Mmmhmm.

Alright what else do I have. Quite a lot of pictures to put in here actually! Remember that tea party I mentioned? I made some meringues for it, Id only made them once before, and that was quite a while ago. I did not realise they were so big untill it was too late. I was quite buzzin though cause everyone that ate one said how lovely they were, so yes, very pleased with myself, especially considering I thought they didn't even turn out that well. But nevermind.


Pretty mighty aren't they? I made some more today, I made them smaller though cause those ones were definately too big. Oh yeah, I only made them cause one of the women who came to the teaparty, it's her birthday today I think, and she's having a party of her own at her house I think, and I was requested to make some more which was nice!

Right enough about food then. This time tomorrow I will be very drunk, but hopefully not falling down the Empire stairs. A couple of weeks ago I had a total dress binge and bought 7 dresses in the space of about 5 days, mainly this was because I went to Redcar with my mam, and Redcar has a lot of charity shops. So I dont feel bad buying 3 charity shop dresses, but then I bought one from Peacocks for £12 which I didn't feel too bad about either because £12 is a fairly good price for a dress. Also it was the first thing I've bought that was new, and not in the sale, in I cant even remember when. I also bought 2 dresses off ebay, so thats almost charity shopping. I know that leaves me one dress short, but I can't for the life of me remember what the last one was. Maybe it was only 6, im sure it was 7 though. Anyway, I'll remember soon no doubt.
Anyway, what Im getting at is, I love dresses, and tomorrow I'll finally get chance to wear the sequinney number that Iv been dying to wear ever since I bought it (for a measly £3 may I remind you again).


Its equally sequinney on the back too. Im gonna have to wear it with a belt, and do something to the sleeves, cause they're dead long, but its worth it I think. Ahhh bargains.

Alright, also what is milling about in my head, Iv saved this till last cause I think its the best. The other day I discovered Modest Mouse are doing a gig in Manchester in December, (Frightened Rabbit as support too?!) I think this seems like an opportunity too good to miss yo. Im also spurred on by the memory of going to Manchester with Laura and Kat and David last February to see the Smashing Pumpkins, we stayed for a couple of days, and went to this ace club called 42nd Street, and shopped, and ate out, and seen the gig. It was just proper bo, it was just really easy too, and it wasn't even expensive. I mean obviously its nothing to do with nostalgia, I would genuinely love to see MM and FR, and Manchester is just such a cool city.

Ahh.
Come one, who's with me bitches? We can stay in Premiere Travel Inn (I think thats where we stayed before?) Cheap as, and we can get a cheap advance train there for not much I think. Also its on like, the 13th or 16th, I can't remember which, and it'll be all christmassey and atmospheric and we can use it as an excuse to go christmas shopping! Come on! Lets do it! Who wants to join me??

YES YES YES

2 comments:

Merrick said...

You look absolutely Amazing in your new dress! And your food looks delicious our pringles look so much different then yours, funny. I wish I lived over there I would go see MM with you in a heartbeat! Oh and also I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday tomorrow, I hope you have the best day ever!!!

X

Laura said...

I'll come to the modest mouse gig with you but you have to come to the yo la tengo manchester November gig with me! and it'll be win/win...though not for our bank balance. HUMPH.