Monday 25 May 2009

My quickest moment

"There it is Homer the smartest thing you will ever say and no one was around to hear it"

I was thinking about this in the back of the car the other day, i have no idea what train of thought led me to it, but it made me stifle a laugh, and sometimes i think of the moment fondly, and am kind of sad, because it all happened so fast, I'll probably never have a moment of quick wit quite like it ever again. And seeing as only two other people witnessed it (probably a good thing at the time though really), i figured i should share it, even if i am blowing my own trumpet a bit, it was pretty hilarious. I hope it translates onto here, and wont sound like a shit un-funny joke.

A few years ago i had a job (believe it or not) in a warehouse in Eaglescliffe, packing make-up for virgin-vie. Anyway, one day, we were all on our break, there was about 20 of us in the break room. And there was this one woman, she was alright like, but she was quite large, not massively overweight, but quite large, and just ever so slightly smelly. Like i said, she was nice enough i suppose, but a bit of a gobshite, and she was happily regaling everyone with stories from her latest holiday abroad, which she had recently came back from.
"oh" she said loudly "you've seen nowt till you've seen me belly-dancing, that'll open your eyes"
This was it, my chance, i don't even remember the quip forming in my brain before, with ninja speed and stealth, under my breath, i came out with
"It'll shut em"

Aha ahhhh. I really hope this sounds as funny as it actually was.
My two workmates were sat with me at the time, and the lady in question was quite close by, she didnt hear, luckily, but i think she did get suspicious at why my two mates were corpsing.

Good times. Oh god, i hate that phrase. Damn you JLC.
Shut up bianca.

No comments: