Monday 1 September 2008

while im waiting for my dinner to cook

my feet are cold, because i took off my shoes and socks as soon as i came in cause i was boiling. and now my feet are cold. I do this all the time and i never learn my lesson.
Mince dinner is cooking away and im hungry. we were going to have it yesterday, a sunday dinner, but we didnt bother in the end. My peas have just pinged in the microwave.
Soo its September the 1st today. Im becoming increasingly uneasy about turning 22. Why does it sound so much older than 21? Urgh.
I had a really bad night last night. I was woken up at 4am (Again, the night before chavs were crying/fighting around the corner shortly followed by smashing of about 3 windows, nice) by the dog going completely mental. So i stumbled out of bed, my mam must've got up 30 seconds before me and was halfway down the stairs. Someone had been pressing our doorbell (and i dont think it was jack white unfortunately). At 4am. wtf. The dog was still going crazy and had ran downstairs to the front door. My mam poked her head out of the window and shouted "what do you want?" to no answer. It was all really spooky, we listened via the telephone intercom to see if we could hear anything, and it did kind of sound like someone was quietly shuffling about, im not sure if it was the wind cause there was only a light breeze. Then a few minutes later it rang again. Then i started to get really fucking scared. Theres a kind of alleyway next to our front door, but it had a gate put on it last week, so whoever it was down there hadnt gone away. Commence dog going batshit crazy again. I was trying to get my mam to phone the police but she wouldnt. There wasnt even any of the local chavs hanging around either, you can usually hear their mouths going. It was just dead. So we were both shitting ourselfs, patroling the house. It got to about ten past 5 and we were still sitting on the setee waiting for something to happen, i was knackered at this point and went to bed. Then i was woke up again, by someone pressing the bell again, at 6am. My mam said she'd just gone back to bed as well. The bell got stuck though so it was just going off constantly (an anoying american woman asking "hello, is anyone home?") till my mam went down to have a look, with the dog of course. There was no one there though.
So yeah, it was proper creepy, and i was fucking terrified. My mam took the battery out of the bell today haha. If they come back tonight though, we have another bell for some reason, so maybe we'll get woke up again.
In the light of day i feel cocky as about it now, and i think if it happens again im going to poke my head out of the window and unleash a torrent of verbal abuse to the bastards.

RAA!

No comments: