Friday 12 December 2014

I'm having a pity party, and you're all invited!

I have a cold. 

It started yesterday at work with a simple blocked nose, and I didn't really think anything of it. After work I went out to Creeps and got drunk and danced and almost left my coat in the cloakroom. 
Today was my first day off since last Friday and I had planned to spend it with a duvet on the sofa and christmas films, but I had to go into town to get hangover food. 

At my age, I have discovered (unfortunately) that my hangovers go in reverse. I wake up feeling a little rough but nothing too bad. Then a few hours later, I feel like shit. How can they go backwards? I don't understand. Anyway, by this afternoon my cold had kicked in, just in time for my hangover to start getting worse, I couldn't tell where one ended and the other began, what a shitty combination. 

I'm usually not a pussy at all about getting ill, but today I've just been feeling dead sorry for myself. That said, the only symptom I don't have is a sore throat and so I am very grateful for that. I am very snotty and achy though, ugghh. 

Anyway, could be a lot worse couldn't it, I'm glad that I have a cold now and not over Christmas. Being unable to taste my Christmas dinner would be so upsetting!


No comments: