Monday 24 May 2010

Chinese babies

Every so often, I ask my mam if we can adopt a Chinese baby. She always, unsurprisingly, says no. I'm not sure where I got the idea from, or why it pops into my head occasionally. Obviously I'm not being serious, not now. But I'm pretty sure I want to adopt, you know, when I'm a grown up. I don't really know where from.
Anyway, blah blah blah, what I mean to say in this blog, is that a few weeks ago I was at the library with my mam and she found this book and pointed it out to me, and I got it out.
It was called "Wuhu diary"


It was ace, it was all about an American lady named Emily who adopted a baby named Lulu from China, obviously heh. When Lulu was almost 5 they both went back to the town she came from. They wanted to get into the orphanage that she had spent the first 7 months of her life, to find records and hunt for any scraps of information about Lulu they could find, and generally just have a poke about and see the place I guess. Anyway, it was a really brilliant book, really interesting, about the journey, the place and the people, the country, politics, everything really.

I couldn't put it down, I took it everywhere with me, read it at bus stops, on the bus, other peoples places, in the bath! Yeah, so if you're ever in the library, or you see this book in a charity shop or a flea market, ya know, get it! Its proper good.

No comments: